Help, Tips & FAQ

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2007 at 4:23 AM
I am going to post any help or usage topics here
Coordinator
Oct 11, 2007 at 4:30 AM
Edited Oct 11, 2007 at 4:44 AM

Stock Symbols and Exchanges

You need to send a correct symbol for this component to work. NSE symbols are usually company names eg. Reliance, hdfcbank etc. BSE symbols are numbers. The easiest way to find the stocks symbol is to use the BSE or the NSE sites. Yahoo India symbol search does not seem to work good.

When passing the stock symbol to the component, either use the Exchange parameter to specify which Exchange you want to query against, or append the symbol with ".NS" or ".BO". If you don't pass a Exchange parameter, I assume you are appending the exchange information in the symbol itself. If you dont want to mess around with this, then just pass the correct Exchange parameter and the component will handle this internally.
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2007 at 8:36 PM

Charts

The component supports Charts from the Yahoo India site. As of now it supports charts only for NSE, as the way Yahoo handles BSE charts are different and I have not yet got to start implementing them. So if you pass a BSE symbol, you are going to get an invalid symbol from the Chart call, but you will still get a valid Quote from the GetStockQuote call.

Charts types basically decide how long back you want to go to track the stock. The component supports upto 5 years.

Charts are returned as a System.Drawing.Image type. So you can basically manipulate this before you actually show it to the end user.
Dec 6, 2007 at 10:03 AM
Dear Anand,
Please tell how to make a runnig software out of the project files which u have uploaded, coz i m not a computer expert and i dont know how to assemble them.
If u can then plz send the executable file as an attachment.
Thanks
Developer
Dec 6, 2007 at 10:54 AM
Vikas,
If you have downloaded the ZIP file.
Unzip the file.
Browse to the \IndiaStockQuotesTest\IndiaStockQuotesTest\bin\debug\StockQuotesTest.exe file
Double click the StockQuotesTest file.
On the Top Left corner of the window.
A)For Stock Quotes
Click on the Down arrow.
Then select the Exchange, Type the Symbol (e.g. INFY)
Click on Get quotes Button.
You will get stock details of that Symbol.
B) For Stock Chart Test
Click on the next image to the Down arrow.
Then Type the Symbol (e.g. RPL)
Click on Get Chart Button.
You will get stock Chart of that Symbol.

Hope this helps you.

vikasgargvikky wrote:
Dear Anand,
Please tell how to make a runnig software out of the project files which u have uploaded, coz i m not a computer expert and i dont know how to assemble them.
If u can then plz send the executable file as an attachment.
Thanks

Dec 7, 2007 at 10:38 AM
I have done as u have asked me to do, i.e. downloaded, unzipped, but when i click on the file u have asked me to , it says 'the appliacation fialed to initialize properly 0xc0000135.
Plz help.
Developer
Dec 7, 2007 at 1:07 PM

Vikas,
I think you don't have Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package installed on your computer.
Please try after installing the framework.
You can get Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 Redistributable Package from here
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0856EACB-4362-4B0D-8EDD-AAB15C5E04F5&displaylang=en

Hope this helps you.

vikasgargvikky wrote:
I have done as u have asked me to do, i.e. downloaded, unzipped, but when i click on the file u have asked me to , it says 'the appliacation fialed to initialize properly 0xc0000135.
Plz help.