Feature Requests

Coordinator
Oct 3, 2007 at 8:14 PM
Please post feature requests here or as a Issue in the Issue Tracker. It is easier to discuss a Feature request here.
Developer
Oct 18, 2007 at 11:28 AM
First of all I would like to thank u for the very nice and useful Component.

Is it possible to fetch the list of all stockSymbols so that we can have an array of stockSymbols and we can iterate through each element and display it's details.

Or

We can fetch the stockSymbols and add them to a Dropdown and select the stockSymbol to get it's details.

Once again thanks.
Coordinator
Oct 18, 2007 at 4:25 PM
Yes, that would be a good feature. The only problem is that I am unable to find a single list of that form at Yahoo. I think the BSE site allow you to download that, and am not sure abt the NSE.

The other problem is that this can be a really huge list and downloading that list can take a long time. Anyway, I will keep this in mind for a future version.
Developer
Oct 19, 2007 at 6:31 AM
Edited Oct 19, 2007 at 6:36 AM
Thanks for your quick reply and consideration.

Can I contribute/work on this project?

Coordinator
Oct 21, 2007 at 1:59 PM
Sure Hemant. Initially I would recommend that you share your ideas and then maybe intial implementation of those. That would the easiest way to start off.

hemant_kamalakar wrote:

Developer
Oct 24, 2007 at 8:18 AM
Thanks,
1) StockTickerControl
We can implement stock ticker that shows Stock rates of a Stock symbol in a random fashion, or we can select the Stock symbol from the Dropdown list and it's stock rates can be displayed.

2) We can implement the functionality to view historical prices or stock charts by entering stock ticker symbol and date range.

3) We should provide an example/demo application along with TestProject.

anandm wrote:
Sure Hemant. Initially I would recommend that you share your ideas and then maybe intial implementation of those. That would the easiest way to start off.

hemant_kamalakar wrote:

Coordinator
Oct 24, 2007 at 7:49 PM
Great suggestions Hemant. Just to clarify, this project aims only to be a backend component for the stock quotes rather than a full fledged stock quote application.

But I do like the suggestion on the sample project which can be stock ticker project, which uses the stock quote component. Would be interested in building that sample application? I think that would be a great addition.
Developer
Oct 25, 2007 at 12:27 PM
Thanks,
I am interested to work on sample application.
Which language (C#.NET/VB.NET) and application type (Windows/Web) we should use?

anandm wrote:
Great suggestions Hemant. Just to clarify, this project aims only to be a backend component for the stock quotes rather than a full fledged stock quote application.

But I do like the suggestion on the sample project which can be stock ticker project, which uses the stock quote component. Would be interested in building that sample application? I think that would be a great addition.

Coordinator
Oct 25, 2007 at 5:05 PM
Hemant, The component itself is written in VB.NET. So I think the first version of the sample can be in VB.NET. Maybe if more people join up we can do a dual version sample set.
Developer
Oct 26, 2007 at 6:14 AM
Thanks for your consideration.
I am starting to develop the Sample for the component in VB.NET as windows application.
Once again thanks for selecting me as Developer.
Nov 17, 2007 at 2:05 PM
Thanks for very nice article and component,

But is this component willbe helpful to get Sensex and Nifty charts?.

Nov 17, 2007 at 2:27 PM
I would like to thank u for the very nice and useful Component.
Whether it is possible to obtain chart of NIFTY and Sensex?

Dec 6, 2007 at 11:04 AM
Dear Anand,
Please tell how to make a runnig software out of the project files which u have uploaded, coz i m not a computer expert and i dont know how to assemble them.
If u can then plz send the executable file as an attachment.
Thanks
Developer
Dec 6, 2007 at 12:07 PM
Vikas,
If you have downloaded the ZIP file.
Unzip the file.
Browse to the \IndiaStockQuotesTest\IndiaStockQuotesTest\bin\debug\StockQuotesTest.exe file
Double click the StockQuotesTest file.
On the Top Left corner of the window.
A)For Stock Quotes
Click on the Down arrow.
Then select the Exchange, Type the Symbol (e.g. INFY)
Click on Get quotes Button.
You will get stock details of that Symbol.
B) For Stock Chart Test
Click on the next image to the Down arrow.
Then Type the Symbol (e.g. RPL)
Click on Get Chart Button.
You will get stock Chart of that Symbol.

Hope this helps you.

vikasgargvikky wrote:
Dear Anand,
Please tell how to make a runnig software out of the project files which u have uploaded, coz i m not a computer expert and i dont know how to assemble them.
If u can then plz send the executable file as an attachment.
Thanks

Coordinator
Jan 3, 2008 at 5:34 PM
Try the symbol BSESN for BSE Sensex and NSEI for the Nifty. I have not checked this as initially the component was aimed to retrieve quotes and charts of companies only. Also do note only NSE charts are currently supported and not BSE charts.

Rgds,
Anand
http://www.dotnetindia.com

tejeshkamble wrote:
I would like to thank u for the very nice and useful Component.
Whether it is possible to obtain chart of NIFTY and Sensex?